Sunday, September 2, 2012

Challenge Day: 6

I wasn't very fond of today's blog challenge, so instead, I'm just going to do some rambling.

Yesterday, my  mom and I went looking for some invitation ideas for the wedding. At the end of the day I stood in Joann's with a box of 50 cute invites in one hand and a bunch of stamps and ribbon to create my own, in the other. After asking my mom and brother multiple times if I should opt for the easy way out and just get the box... they both kind of liked the idea of homemade invites but wanted me to do what I thought I would be happiest with. The end result? We came home with 100 sheets of cardstock, a plethora of stamps, an ink pad, and ribbon. Not only did I choose to make the invites because I love DIY, but the stamps I chose were more Benji and I. They express us and make it more unique. I can't wait to get started! Lots of work ahead!

Today I'm going shopping for the wedding dress! I know there's a big chance I won't find "the one" today, but a girl can hope! It would be nice to slip into a wedding gown and just be like.... THAT'S THE ONE. Hopefully having my mom and Benji's mom there will help a lot! I don't know what I would do without mamas.

My mom offered to give Benji and I the furniture in our storage unit from our condo in Virginia. What a blessing! I'm hoping that we can use the extra day off for Labor Day to go through some of it and figure out what we have and what we still need. Then we can start putting together our registries. 

The storage unit will depend on how Benji is feeling though. Poor thing. He's been sick since yesterday and overly-tired from his new job and working over-nights. Please pray for him to be in better health and to be rested. I can't even describe how proud of him I am. Benjamin is a hard-worker and I have so much respect for him. He's going to be an amazing husband. Is it March yet? ;)

1 comment: